Bath Makeup Artist for Bridal Hair and Makeup – Tips for Consultation
Tips for your Bridal Hair and Makeup Trial & Consultation
Consultation & Trial Check List
- Before you trial: Prepare by emailing your artist a casual and occasion photograph or yourself/your bridal party this will help understand your usually preferences for style/makeup and also provide an idea of eye/face shape and colour.
- Email your artist with any inspirations you have for hair or makeup. Tip: Use photographer and wedding blogs for ideas – there you see real life weddings rather than studio shoot images which have been edited and airbrushed to magazine quality. Pinterest can also be a good source of inspiration. Use common themes to your self to search, ‘bride brown hair floral crown’ etc. These ideas are just a starting place to discover what you love.
- For your trial: Wear a colour top toned similar to your wedding dress and with a similar neck line if possible.
- Hair accessories – Veil, decorative clips/combs, headband, tiara or flowers (or a substitute of similar style) Often you can loan hair accessories from suppliers and return the ones you do not want to use for your day. Unless you have a clear idea of what you would like it is not essential but advisable to have a small selection of options as the hair accessories often lead the type of hairstyle you choose on your trial.
- Wedding jewellery, earrings/necklace to help you picture the final look.
- Hair Trial: Hair clean and dry but not freshly washed. The night before is fine, double shampoo and use conditioner on ends of hair only, dry as usual.
- I will style your hair, working with your accessories and your desired look for your day. I do not cut to shape or colour hair therefore I would suggest your hairdresser cuts and/or colours your hair no closer that two weeks before your trial date/wedding date to allow time for your hair to settle. Nb: If you usually have highlights and are thinking of having hair up I would suggest a full head of highlights we can discuss this further at trial. Super important to note before a hair cut with your hairdresser is the length of your front layers/fringe – If you like the idea of sweeping fringe/sides back off your face you ideally need length chin or below. This can be discussed at your trial.
- Makeup Trial: Cleanse and Moisturise your face on the morning of trial as usual and notify me of any skin allergy/sensitivity. This applies for any other member of bridal party for the wedding day as per terms and conditions
- Skin: There are many treatments that improve the surface and texture of the skin. It is essential to use a good ‘vitamin enriched’ moisturiser and quality cleanser day and night. Brands such as Environ, Obagi are brilliant. Other highstreet brands I would recommend Clinic Moisture Surge, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. If in doubt a please consult a good beautician in your area for specialist advice. I would recommend hydrating or balancing facials with your local beautician. Also I can highly recommend Skin Base Microdermabrasion. Foundation looks amazing on skin which is cleansed, exfoliated and very well hydrated.
- Establishing a good skin care routine and have occasional facials this will help with overall radiance and may help reduce pore size/dry skin etc. I am also able to recommend a Aesthetic Practitioner who can help with deeper skin care concerns please ask me at your trial.
- Other skin health tips… Regularly take a good quality skin/hair vitamin, drink plenty of water/hydrating fluid, move/walk & exercise those toxins out of your body! Eat clean & enjoy treat time!
- Brows: Having your eyebrows professionally shaped and tinted is a great way of enhancing your eye shape and bringing out the colour of your eye. A good tip is look around for a person who’s brows you admire and be cheeky – ask where they get theirs shaped! If you are local to me BA14 9DG I can shape and if needed tint your brows. Use the Eyelashes & Brow page on my website to book your appointment online.
- Lashes: Be kind to your lashes! Use a good quality mascara remover and cotton, avoid pulling off your mascara whilst watching evening TV! (We have all done it) Use a good Lash Serum – I can recommend Nouveau Lash & Brow Serum which I personally use and can also supply if needed.
- During your trial I will be able to recommend either cluster lashes or a natural strip lash to enhance your eye. You can try this out and where them home at your trial.
- Eyelash Treatments: LVL Eyelash Lift is a treatment which gives a 6-8 week root lift to your natural lashes (imagine never needing to use a lash curler – but better!) The treatment includes a tint and you can add a brow tint & tidy to you appointment at the same time if desired. Booking is available online via the Eyelash & Brow page on my website
- What to bring to your trial: Your makeup bag. Although I provide foundation, concealer and colour correction makeup, if you use a particular foundation that you I am happy to apply your own for your day.
- Any style ideas, magazines, images for inspiration not emailed. A photograph of the colours of your wedding/outfit/bridesmaids outfits (if doing a bridesmaid trial)
- Hair accessories
- A bridesmaid or friend/family member present at your trial is really handy to help give you feed back on the different styles we trial for your day. Rebecca Green beauty room has enough space for two guests – refreshments are provided during your trial.
Please feel free to book your Brow Tint & Tidy, Nouveau LVL Lash Lift or Extend (lash extension) appointment with Rebecca https://rebeccagreenmakeupartist.co.uk/individual-eyelash-extensions-nouveau-lvl-lash-lift/
Leave a Reply