Every time I drive onto the beautiful Orchardleigh Estate, Frome – wedding makeup I am wow’ed by the stunning scenery. The long stately drive through green fields lead through the golf course to the exquisite Orchardleigh House which makes for the perfect Somerset Wedding Venue. Being so near the county borderline it a great choice for an ‘almost’ Wiltshire Wedding Venue! The Walled Garden is beyond dreamy and has a beautiful area to have a civil ceremony. If you love the mystic and ancient spiritual atmosphere of a church wedding St Mary’s church which is on the grounds and the All Saints church in Lullington are absolute recommendations.
I love my job as a bridal makeup artist. I’m completely in love with creating natural bridal makeup and elegant bridal hair. Angela and Tom’s wonderful wedding, photographed by the fabulous James Green (who is also my hero and hubby) was too much fun. The lovely bride was a dream to work with alongside and her sisters who had bridesmaid makeup and cute flower girls who wanted just a little wedding day blush and gloss.
Angela requested my bridal makeup services last minute due to her previous artist having to cancel, I was delighted that I could be her’ last minute makeup artist’ for her wedding day. I often get booked over a year in advance but surprisingly not every day and not every weekend. I always recommend brides to call wedding suppliers even if it is last minute to check availability and hopefully book.
Many of the bridal magazines and blogs may recommend booking wedding makeup six months in advance. I recommend booking as soon as possible. Set a date, get a venue, church, photographer and then spending the next weekend cosied up at home researching suppliers online, choose your most favourite ‘stylistically’ then ask them for their recommended if you are struggling to find a supplier you like. I have loads of fabulous recommendations from fellow wedding suppliers who I highly esteem and love both to work with and their artistic style. This is my little bridal tip for you!
I used the soft and gently bridal makeup tones in my MAC range alongside Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #54 Lipstick to finish the glowing bridal look. Enjoy the beautiful bride and have a small glimpse of her Orchardleigh Wedding near Frome in Somerset.
Orchardleigh Estate, Frome – Wedding Makeup
I was absolutely delighted to be asked to provide Wiltshire bridal makeup to Dominique and her beautiful mother and bridesmaids firstly because she herself is London makeup artist (honoured) and secondly her fabulous wedding and yurt reception was deep into the beautiful Cornwall coves – cornwall bridal makeup at your service. Dominique like many 2015 and 2016 brides wanted pure, beautiful and natural wedding makeup. I love working with my brides to create a personal look which is unique to each bride.
The evening before the wedding I travelled the 158 miles for my over night stay in an adorable Cornwall AirBnB fit for any wiltshire wedding makeup artist topped off by a late night serving of homemade lemon cake to keep me fuelled. The wedding morning was glorious! I love hearing back from my brides, some kind words from Dominique!
Just wanted to say thank you so much for being so great on our wedding day. I loved the way I looked and thank you for keeping me calm! I had the best day of my life and couldn’t have wished for a better day, I loved every minute of it-wish I could do it all again! You made everyone look so beautiful thank you.
Special thanks to www.chrisgilesphotography.com wedding photography for the stunning photographs of my beautiful bride wiltshire and pewsey makeup artist work!
I love winter weddings! As a Bath Makeup Artist I had the privilege of working as a bridal makeup artist in Guyers House, Wiltshire near Bath and being a guest at the period House and Hotel. www.guyershouse.com
This is the perfect venue for a Wiltshire wedding – as a guest it was so intimate participating in the ceremony in the beauty of the hall and then musing with the guests thorough-out the various rooms. During the evening the best moments were captured in the bar area around the duke box by James Green Photographer a Wiltshire wedding photographer – such fun! Thank you www.jamesgreenphotographer.co.uk for the beautiful wedding photography and capturing me in mid ‘Bath Wedding Makeup Artist’ flow and sharing these images. Looking forward to more Wiltshire and Bath bridal makeup in the future!
Providing wedding hair dressing and bridal makeup up in the following areas: Bath wedding makeup, Bath bridal makeup, Wiltshire wedding makeup, Wiltshire bridal makeup, Somerset wedding makeup, Somerset bridal makeup, Gloucestershire wedding makeup, Gloucestershire bridal makeup, Bradford-on-Avon wedding makeup, Bradford-on-Avon bridal makeup, Trowbridge wedding makeup, Trowbridge bridal makeup, Warminster wedding makeup, Warminster bridal makeup, Melksham wedding makeup, Melksham bridal makeup, Corsham wedding makeup, Corsham bridal makeup, Salisbury wedding makeup, Salisbury bridal makeup, Tisbury wedding makeup, Tisbury bridal makeup.
I had the pleasure of preparing Helen for her wedding at Larmer Tree Gardens last month. Helen originally was planning a vintage bridal hair style with bouncy barrel curls and waves but opted for a more rock chic waved hair style with a soft cool pink look using Chanel Joues Contraste Blusher – Rose Pétale wedding day makeup. She looked beautiful!
Hi Rebecca, We had an amazing day – thank you, it couldn’t have been more perfect!!! And I loved how you styled my hair and makeup!!
Thanks to Razia Jukes for the photographs.
Tips for your Bridal Hair and Makeup Trial & Consultation
Consultation & Trial Check List
- Before you trial: Prepare by emailing your artist a casual and occasion photograph or yourself/your bridal party this will help understand your usually preferences for style/makeup and also provide an idea of eye/face shape and colour.
- Email your artist with any inspirations you have for hair or makeup. Tip: Use photographer and wedding blogs for ideas – there you see real life weddings rather than studio shoot images which have been edited and airbrushed to magazine quality. Pinterest can also be a good source of inspiration. Use common themes to your self to search, ‘bride brown hair floral crown’ etc. These ideas are just a starting place to discover what you love.
- For your trial: Wear a colour top toned similar to your wedding dress and with a similar neck line if possible.
- Hair accessories – Veil, decorative clips/combs, headband, tiara or flowers (or a substitute of similar style) Often you can loan hair accessories from suppliers and return the ones you do not want to use for your day. Unless you have a clear idea of what you would like it is not essential but advisable to have a small selection of options as the hair accessories often lead the type of hairstyle you choose on your trial.
- Wedding jewellery, earrings/necklace to help you picture the final look.
- Hair Trial: Hair clean and dry but not freshly washed. The night before is fine, double shampoo and use conditioner on ends of hair only, dry as usual.
- I will style your hair, working with your accessories and your desired look for your day. I do not cut to shape or colour hair therefore I would suggest your hairdresser cuts and/or colours your hair no closer that two weeks before your trial date/wedding date to allow time for your hair to settle. Nb: If you usually have highlights and are thinking of having hair up I would suggest a full head of highlights we can discuss this further at trial. Super important to note before a hair cut with your hairdresser is the length of your front layers/fringe – If you like the idea of sweeping fringe/sides back off your face you ideally need length chin or below. This can be discussed at your trial.
- Makeup Trial: Cleanse and Moisturise your face on the morning of trial as usual and notify me of any skin allergy/sensitivity. This applies for any other member of bridal party for the wedding day as per terms and conditions
- Skin: There are many treatments that improve the surface and texture of the skin. It is essential to use a good ‘vitamin enriched’ moisturiser and quality cleanser day and night. Brands such as Environ, Obagi are brilliant. Other highstreet brands I would recommend Clinic Moisture Surge, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. If in doubt a please consult a good beautician in your area for specialist advice. I would recommend hydrating or balancing facials with your local beautician. Also I can highly recommend Skin Base Microdermabrasion. Foundation looks amazing on skin which is cleansed, exfoliated and very well hydrated.
- Establishing a good skin care routine and have occasional facials this will help with overall radiance and may help reduce pore size/dry skin etc. I am also able to recommend a Aesthetic Practitioner who can help with deeper skin care concerns please ask me at your trial.
- Other skin health tips… Regularly take a good quality skin/hair vitamin, drink plenty of water/hydrating fluid, move/walk & exercise those toxins out of your body! Eat clean & enjoy treat time!
- Brows: Having your eyebrows professionally shaped and tinted is a great way of enhancing your eye shape and bringing out the colour of your eye. A good tip is look around for a person who’s brows you admire and be cheeky – ask where they get theirs shaped! If you are local to me BA14 9DG I can shape and if needed tint your brows. Use the Eyelashes & Brow page on my website to book your appointment online.
- Lashes: Be kind to your lashes! Use a good quality mascara remover and cotton, avoid pulling off your mascara whilst watching evening TV! (We have all done it) Use a good Lash Serum – I can recommend Nouveau Lash & Brow Serum which I personally use and can also supply if needed.
- During your trial I will be able to recommend either cluster lashes or a natural strip lash to enhance your eye. You can try this out and where them home at your trial.
- Eyelash Treatments: LVL Eyelash Lift is a treatment which gives a 6-8 week root lift to your natural lashes (imagine never needing to use a lash curler – but better!) The treatment includes a tint and you can add a brow tint & tidy to you appointment at the same time if desired. Booking is available online via the Eyelash & Brow page on my website
- What to bring to your trial: Your makeup bag. Although I provide foundation, concealer and colour correction makeup, if you use a particular foundation that you I am happy to apply your own for your day.
- Any style ideas, magazines, images for inspiration not emailed. A photograph of the colours of your wedding/outfit/bridesmaids outfits (if doing a bridesmaid trial)
- Hair accessories
- A bridesmaid or friend/family member present at your trial is really handy to help give you feed back on the different styles we trial for your day. Rebecca Green beauty room has enough space for two guests – refreshments are provided during your trial.
Please feel free to book your Brow Tint & Tidy, Nouveau LVL Lash Lift or Extend (lash extension) appointment with Rebecca https://rebeccagreenmakeupartist.co.uk/individual-eyelash-extensions-nouveau-lvl-lash-lift/
Dear Rebecca,Thank you so much for being my wedding hair and make up artist, at such short notice, I was so pleased with everything that you did for me, you really listened to all my thoughts, and helped me achieve the look I was hoping for!I must also thank you on behalf of my sister – she loved her hair – as we all did, think we will all be buying your babyliss hair curler! Also, a big thank you from my Mum, not just for getting us all ready in the morning, but also for your help when we were packing things up – you really were a great help to us and a calming influence!Once again Thank You,Chrissie
It is always a treat to hear back from brides who I’ve worked with!
Read on below to hear what other brides say about Rebecca Green Bridal!
I received an email from Russia from a bride looking for a Bath wedding hair and makeup artist for her Roman Baths wedding.
Lilia loved my natural makeup style and elegant but relaxed bridal hair. Lilia had emailed a few style ideas but we met for the first time in her hotel, The Francis in the beautiful Roman Bath City Centre. Here are a few photographs from her day. Thanks to James Green, Destination Photographer for the photographs…
Natasha chose me as her bridal makeup artist in the perfect bridal destination of Salisbury for her wedding in August. Natasha fell in love with the perfect English man and love couldn’t keep them apart so we ran a bridal makeup trial in April when she moved to live and work in the UK.
We spent time at Natasha’s trial perfecting a very natural bridal makeup look. On a day-to-day basis Natasha work very little makeup and was naturally blessed with a beautiful light complexion, soft pink cheeks and fabulous long lashes! We simply worked to enhance her natural beauty for her day which she was so happy with. Here a few photographs by photographer Tim Whiting a Salisbury based wedding photographer.
Happy New Year to everyone!
First working day of the year for me tomorrow and I am looking forward to it and working with some beautiful 2014 brides!
I hope everyone is feeling positive and motivated with some good goals, hopes and dreams!
I have been inspired by my mum who is in her mid 50’s and in training to run the Bath half marathon. She has never ran in her life and is doing amazingly well training with my sister who ran it for the first time last year.
She is raising money for one of her favourite charities Mercy Ministries, who provide residential homes without charge for young women dealing with issues such as eating disorders, self-harm, depression and the effects of abuse.
What a better start to the new year achieving a personal goal, fitness goal and in the process helping other people who are in need of support!
So, one of my personal goals for the year is to find a regular form of exercise which will fit with running a wedding hair and bridal makeup business and being a mum. I took to the Wiltshire roads this eve and ran my personal best (in my 30s at least) of 2 miles! Its just a few miles towards my target but it felt GREAT to get out there for a steady jog in the wintery weather.
I would love to know what you are trying out to feel fit and healthy for the New Year or your wedding day. Post below!